Thursday, September 24, 2009

gleek!


So just to set the record straight, I once proclaimed my love slash obsession with Glee, Fox's newest comedrama. The pilot episode aired during the American Idol days, and I was totally enthused. (To be fair, I was also pregnant and easily entertained. If it involved sitting on the couch and not hauling my belly around, I was down.) The comedic timing was ridiculously on point, the characters over the top with high school stereotypical behavior, and throwing in music just made my heart smile. I've watched two of the following three episodes, and I just wanted to say that I'm not so much a fan anymore. The laughs - of which there are plenty - are just overshadowed by over the top sexual innuendos. It makes me dread sending my children to high school. I want to pretend that they won't have to deal with those things, that the high school they'll attend will just be full of happy, singing students.

So I had hoped that Glee would keep up the laughs, the happy, singing students dealing with typical teenage angst. But quite frankly, I wouldn't want Annabelle watching it, so to be fair, I won't be watching it anymore.

I will, however, be downloading the songs. Love their remakes. Only my sisters will understand how much I love the singing and dancing. ;)

5 comments:

Brian and Lindsay said...

We agree with you, we loved that first episode and anxiously awaited it's season debut and have been sorely disappointed so far! Now what will I do on Wednesday nights!?!

Shauntel said...

It's all about So You Think You Can Dance!! :)

Snailbug said...

You're still going to be a singer and a dancer, right?

Marissa said...

That facial expression is classic.

Kristen said...

Never give up your life dreams sis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails