Monday, September 20, 2010

squatters


In Japan, you will often see the locals squatting next to the road, chatting away. Often, it's business men, suit coats left in the office, ties thrown over their shoulder, and they sit and smoke and chat and tap their cigarettes into the city approved ash trays (sewer grates or other actual spots designated for smoking). When Jess served his mission in Tokyo, although he didn't participate in the smoking part, he did acquire this Japanese ability to pop a squat for hours at a time. And I'm sure that most toddlers have this ability like Annabelle, but I think it's perfectly cute when the two of them have a conversation like this, squatting.


I'm generally not a part of these conversations due to my inability to bend my legs like that without snapping into forty three pieces.

{the end}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails