Friday, October 16, 2015

on the inside

July 14, 2015 (day we arrived) at our hotel on Trafalgar Square.
I am just shy of 25 weeks pregnant here.
(And I left London at roughly 29 weeks.)
****************

I wrote this letter to the baby while in London. I thought it would be appropriate to get it posted before the baby actually arrives. (And if I have my way, it will arrive yesterday.) Traveling internationally when pregnant isn't ideal by any means, but I know I was blessed to have the strength I needed to truck through that beautiful country, my two girls at my sides, without any issue. It was such a blessing to be in London together as a family, and I'm so grateful I was there, big belly and all. (Photos included here were taken throughout the trip.)

****************

Dear Baby Cheney:

Remember that time I took you to London? 

You were in my belly, so you probably had the easiest time of all of us. I think you slept the days away, being rocked to sleep while I walked until my bones ached. And then at night I'd lay down and you'd start kicking and rolling and stretching out. So much energy after a full day of sleeping. I bet you loved that I started indulging in chocolate and diet Dr. Pepper and all the yummy things that London had to offer. I bet that London for you was a bit of a new adventure, just like it was for us. 

I want you to know that although I've been busy and worried and running for weeks, I'm so grateful that you got to be a part of our London adventure. I'm a little sad that you're not outside experiencing it, but I've no doubt that this little family of ours will continue traveling, and you too will see the world little one. It's in our bones - we don't sit still very well or for very long. 

August 1, 2015 at the National Maritime Museum
I love that you've been with me the entire time - your presence is heavily known because you are literally heavy. My belly is beacon like in this town of hustle and bustle - you get smiled at all day long. And although I ache, I somewhat love the constant reminder of the small miracle in my belly. In a strange way, sharing this experience with you has helped me get to know you. I mentally bargain with you every day - hang in there. Just hang in there a few more weeks. And then we'll be home again, and we can rest. Who am I kidding - then mommy can rest.

I'm so excited to meet you, and in many years I'll tell you all about that time you went to London, on the inside. Safe and rocked to sleep through the city streets of this beautiful old town.

Love,
Mama

August 4, 2015 in the Pizza Express bathroom

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails