Thursday, December 13, 2007

Santa's First Stop


So because Jess and I have been so extra good this year, Santa visited us early, and we got to open our presents tonight!! (Actually, we leave early tomorrow morning to start our cross country journey - before we spend time in Utah, we'll be cruising with the Cheney Clan in Mexico.)

We both unsuccesfully stayed within our predetermined budget and had a lot of fun shopping for each other and trying to find "secret" items. It's kind of difficult to create Christmas surprises when you have the little law student underfoot!

It was a lovely (pre) Christmas evening. After homemade pizza (in my family, we have pizza on Christmas Eve, but I've taken it a step beyond to utilize the wonders of SOY CHEESE), we emptied our stockings and tore open our boxes. (Please keep in mind that of the 54 presents under the tree, just four were for Jess. Such a good man. :) )


And of course, even though there was a wireless headset, tent, books, DVDs, the most exciting thing for these Cheneys were, you guessed it, our Legos. We finished opening our presents, took a deep breath, and started building.



So Merry (early) Christmas all! I imagine this blog will become relatively dormant for about a week (unless I manage to get online on the boat). But don't worry, I've pre-managed my NBA Fantasy Team. Like I'd just leave them to play on their own. They need me!

Happy Holidays - best to all! We love you!

2 comments:

Cichelli said...

There are four of us in my family and we won't have any thing close to 54 presents. I thought people were supposed to be poor in law school.

Enjoy the cruise and your vacation.

Shauntel said...

Okay, maybe not 54. But the fact remains - Jess is a much better (and more patient) shopper than me. (And while taking finals no less.)

Happy Holidays Friend. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails