Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Guilty as Charged

I confess. I'm an American Idol junky. I can't help it! And I'm really not a big TV watcher either. Sure, I basically call myself a Gilmore Girl (click here for a classic clip). And I'm relatively obsessed with Planet Earth (the Christensen Santa even brought me it on DVD). And I can't lie - I enjoy an occasional America's Next Top Model (drama, drama, drama!), as long as we're nearing the top and I don't have to hear "You are still in the running to be America's next top model," twelve times in Tyra's oh-so-serious voice.

But for the most part, I only have room in my heart for the Gilmores. And the rest of TV land is a big foreign landscape to me.

But American Idol? As I sat watching it last night (thank goodness for DVR and the wonders of forwarding through the many commercials that interrupt all the singing goodness), I felt like I needed to justify my actions. And truth be told, I couldn't come up with any real good reason. But when it really comes down to it, you simply cannot duplicate true entertainment (or talent) like this:

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It's one of my favs too. How classic was that Moses song? And how about the brother song from the Simon lover? Too funny. Glad to see you adjusted well to Durham.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails