Saturday, January 19, 2008

It Never Snows...

So there are probably roughly five people who will recognize the below lyrics to what I once assumed was a regular Christmas carol. Three of them had the privilege of growing up with me, and the other two were the providers of said song. For whatever reason, the song just didn't seem to make it to mainstream Christmas radio. Even in Durham, where you have FOUR stations playing Christmas, all season long, all the time.



So as the song goes, "It never snows in L.A., so Santa don't bring me a sleigh. I'll leave the key by the door, cuz there's no chimney anymore. Remember where you are - better bring your car..."


And so on.


I believe that this little ditty comes from the oh-so-talented, but not without drama, Osmond family, courtesy of one seriously over played Christmas tape (we're talkin' cassette folks). And along with a few other Osmond classics, my sisters and I particularly enjoyed this song (I have no shame) because we thought it was so clever as it never snowed in St. George either.



Well, we've been told that it never snows in Durham. But folks, it's snowing! And it's my most favorite kind of snow. It's of the St. George variety - it looks pretty as it falls, makes me feel all winter-like, as if I should hunker down with a good book and read by the fire, cup of hot cocoa in hand (I imagine it will be more along the lines of watching CNN election coverage, Diet Mountain Dew in hand). And it DOESN'T STICK! The above picture was a total sham. Below you will find the winter wonderland I am currently enjoying.


Sorry folks. That's all I could find. But look - I took a self portrait to illustrate there is indeed snow falling! (Small white specks are snow, not a scalp disease of some sort.)

So my deepest sympathies to those experiencing true freeze out weather back home. But according to North Carolinians, this is serious winter weather. This is weather worthy of closing school! Stay indoors - it's SNOWING!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i love how you put a picture of a blizzard first. oh and i love how it's copyrighted on the bottom. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails