Sunday, March 23, 2008

hip to the hop

So on Saturday, my mom e-mailed me and asked what I was cooking for Easter dinner.

Easter, wha?

You see, Jess and I had the privilege of speaking in church today. And given the attention I was throwing in my talk's direction, I didn't leave much thought for something like Easter dinner. I called my mom in desperation to ask what I was "supposed" to make. And then ran out to Honey Baked Ham (like I'm going to attempt a disgusting ham on my own) and the grocery to pick up the goods. Then we decided since I was going to the trouble, we might as well share the love. So we invited some friends, and Easter dinner became dinner for seven.

So no need to stress. I pulled through. I'm still a semi-decent housewife. :)

Oh, I made this insane craft for my nursery kids too. Never mind that they're three years old. Most of them don't even know the difference between a monkey and an elephant. (Monkey's tail, elephant's trunk, confusing.) But I was obsessed. And come on - they're SO CUTE. And my little people love the gluestick - don't worry, I partially assembled the creatures - they helped me put on heads, ears, and feet. "My do it!"

(And for those of you who are wondering - that whole adage about nursery staving off baby hunger? It doesn't work. Hunger pangs? Check.)

Happy Easter. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails