Sunday, April 6, 2008

desert darling

I was oh-so naive. Look at me smiling. Little did I know.
____________________________________________

Confession: I belong in the desert.

Although I've spent the better part of my quarter century on earth indicating my utter disgust of heat, especially my hometown's summers, I would much rather have my skin tightened by the hot St. George wind, my fingers scalded by a flaming steering wheel, than the allergies that are yet still upon me. I don't like this at all. I want to be healthy again - and the allergies just won't leave. In fact, they persist.

So yes, I belong in the desert, where the cactus is my friend, the tumbleweed a safe and welcome pollen-free neighbor. And this would explain my actual joy when Jess suggested we land in Phoenix after law school. I'll take it. I'll probably curse the summers (and we all know I won't do it quietly), but at least I won't be staring this NC pollen down.

The fact of the matter is, this could all be remedied if a/c was as useful in combating allergies as it is in combating heat (a great idea for any of you Einstens looking to invent the next big thing).

So to those of you I left in the desert, enjoy that hot, pollen-free air. It really is a beautiful thing.

Here's to an extra shot of Afrin.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails