Friday, April 25, 2008

text fight

So last night, at about 10:45 as I was getting in bed, I got a text message from a random St. George number. Here's the series of messages that followed:

Random: Hey lovely what's up? :)
Me: Who are you?
Random: It's Rhonda.
Me: I don't know a Rhonda. I think you have the wrong number.
Rhonda: Isn't this Katie -----?
Me: Nope. You really have the wrong number. Seriously. Stop texting me. (It was like 11:15 p.m. by this time - I was trying to sleep.)
Rhonda: $!#@ off. It was a simple question.

Seriously?

So I decided that instead of an immediate witty WWF style slam, I'd hold out and text her when I woke up at 6 a.m. (yes, that would be 4 a.m. her time) with the following response: "And it was a simple answer." (Take that Rhonda.)

But then because the F word was stuck in my head, I automatically started singing "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" to myself (yes I sing hymns and Primary songs in my head when I'm trying to get rid of bad words). And of course with that song rolling around in the ol' noggin, I couldn't in good conscience send a text message to some random (albeit snotty) girl in St. George at 4 a.m.

So I let it drop.

So if you know a Rhonda in St. George, let her know that I was merely trying to sleep (I really didn't intend to be rude), that I'm at least as lovely as Katie, and that Primary saved her one seriously early wake up call.

1 comment:

The Harrises said...

That was completely rude! I hit a reply all to a friends email and I got a nasty email back from her sister who did not want me clogging up her inbox. Excuse me to you mean people in the world! If it makes you feel any better you have fabulous wedding photos. I can see you guys have a sense of humor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails