Thursday, April 10, 2008

update

1. I think I've kicked the can again. And yes, Sunkist left me with massive hangover headaches for two days. I feel like we really need to spread the word - SUNKIST IS CAFFEINATED! Ignore it's sunny facade!

2. Japan News: We will be living in an apartment that is - in total - the size of our current bedroom. Sweetness. Now I can count on one hand the number of people that I allow in my space. Good thing Jess is one of them. Because we will be leaving ownership of space back in the U.S. of A. :) Also, and perhaps my most favorite news yet - two loops around the Imperial Palace (which Jess is working across the street from) is a handy (and popular) six mile run. :)

3. I led you all astray - someone is getting kicked off of Idol tonight. Now I know she's likely to be in the bottom, but Kristy Lee Cook pulled one out of her hat on Tuesday - I think Syesha might get the boot. Although I think that Jason Dreads should get serious point deductions for his tight pants and tiny ukelele.

4. I think my allergies were actually a cold. (As I've said, I regularly self-diagnose myself.) Because when it was raining, my "allergies" were the worst, which is kind of nonsensical. And now that the pollen is a blowin' again, my "allergies" are actually basically gone. Whatever the case, I'm grateful to have my face back.

5. This morning, because my radio show seemed to be on hiatus, I switched over to the CD player. In the deck was a Mo Tab CD that Jess had thrown in last Sunday. One thing I love about Jess (among many things) is that on Sundays, he always puts on good Church music or videos. I'm usually bustling around, preparing my insane nursery props, flattening my hair like a pancake. But he's Mr. Calm. Jess is my calm.

So I switched it over to Mo Tab. One of my most favorite hymns is one that is no longer in the hymn book, "Come Thou Fount." I think that it is so beautiful, both in melody and words. And today, in particular, the words struck a chord deep within me. I know that I tend to get a little crazy, I stress out, especially when I'm scared. (Cue Asia.) But in the end, it's the moments like the one I had driving into work today that help me remember it's all going to be okay. I'm so blessed, and sometimes I let that get away from me.

So here's to the moments of calm and peace that I'm so grateful for.

Come Thou Fount
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace now like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

(This is my favorite verse. Click the link above for the whole song, or
here for the words. :) )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails