Thursday, May 22, 2008

first visitors


So a few nights ago, we got home after a gourmet McDonald's dinner, and to our surprise, we had a few visitors.

As it turns out, one should not leave food out unless it is properly sealed. And I had put the fruit out on the counter. And apparently these GINORMOUS cockroaches enjoy fruit. So Jess (who, I might add, actually does not kill bugs in the states - he scoops them up and puts them outside, letting them be on their merry way) went on a killing rage. Just call him the terminator.

First he asked me for the dish soap. Then he grabbed a shoe and smacked them - however because they're so freaking big, they require more than one smack. So for efficiency's sake, he'd smack then drip with dish soap - they don't so much like gooey legs. He got five, and we watched the sixth disappear into a hole in the kitchen floor.

Which of course is now lined with dish soap. :)

P.S. For an excellent view of the cockroaches leg hair, I'd recommend clicking the photo. Gag. Me.

2 comments:

littlered said...

SICK! You weren't kidding!

Melanie said...

That has to be the most disturbing picture I have ever seen. I think I am going to have nightmares.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails