Wednesday, June 4, 2008

fine dining

About this photo:

1. This is the "fanciest" meal we've eaten in Tokyo, as in fine china and a meal divided into parts. It's a little restaurant in Hibiya Park, near Jess' office. The menu features not only the typical curry, but also "spaghetti with meat sause" and about fifty dishes with "gratin" (what we think might be referring to cheese). We ate outside on the patio in the beautiful non-rainy air. Perhaps the best moment was when Ryan noticed the bats flying overhead. Although the cats sauntering through the dining area also made for some serious ambiance.

2. This is a hamburger. Unless you're at McDonald's or Mos Burger, a hamburger usually means a sort of salisbury steak kind of a thing. And by the way, the carrots were really good. (And so was the hamburger.)

3. If it appears that I am always wearing this jacket, um, I am. You see, I brought only this in terms of warm clothing. In my mind, it was just going to be hot here. And I'm always hot, right? But it isn't quite the hot season yet. Actually it's the rain season. So I am pretty much always wearing this. And I've been looking for a new jacket, but so far, all I can find costs about thirty bucks. And they're nothing to write home about. If I'm paying thirty bucks for a sweatshirt, it better have Pokemon front and center or some other extremely cool anime characters dancing up the sleeve. Seriously.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails