Sunday, June 1, 2008

like clock work


So Papa, this entry is for you. :)

Yesterday, one of our favorite stores was a watch store called "two 0 two - unique watch museum." It wasn't a museum at all, but the fact of the matter is, the watches are so insane, they belong in a museum.

I haven't worn a watch for years, but I totally took the bait here. I bought the above watch - not too hard to read, right? But some of the watches (for a "few" more yen) actually required demonstrations in order to read them. The boys were utterly fascinated, and we spent considerable time with a super nice Japanese fellow who showed us the clock works.

I've included a sampling of the watches we found. My favorite is the one that looks like it was crafted out of the side paneling of an old station wagon. So Dad, if you want a watch unlike any other, that requires lessons to read, I'd be happy to go choose one for you.





Oh, they also have excellent names for the watches. Our favorite was PIMP2, because as they say, "Pimpin ain't easy." :)


1 comment:

Ryan said...

Thanks for the invite to the blog! Just so you know, I have already downloaded the photo of the "Pimp" watch from your blog. That's one I'm definately going to have to show people.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails