Thursday, June 12, 2008

tokyo's eiffel


Behold - Japan's Eiffel Tower!

Now I can see the resemblance (and it was built to mirror it), but at the same time, it's somewhat different in a very orange and white steel structure kind of way (air safety regulations require its color scheme). This lovely tourist attraction is actually the tallest self supporting steel structure in the world. Mostly it serves as a major broadcasting tower, but also it serves as a money maker. :) I like it because it serves a great landmark - I can figure out where I am if I can see it. Jess and I visited on our first day here, but did not ride to the top. His mom and sister are arriving today (yay!) so I thought that if we were to make the journey heavenward, we might as well wait for the girls.

Really, the best part is the neon "Tokyo," I think. In case you were wondering where you were, there's a little reminder - you are not in Paris. I know you were confused there. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails