Sunday, July 20, 2008

the fam in hk

So this is the most miniature picture ever, but isn't it so great? This is my momma and her girls all shoved into a photo booth. I think I'm about 12 years old, judging by the little one's baby face.

The best news is that, minus married Kristen and her hubby (sooooo sad), they'll be here in a few hours (with the papa too). They'll be here all week. I'm supposed to be their tour guide, but the problem is, there isn't much to tour (as you may have noticed by my much less frequent blog entries).

Hong Kong is great for shopping - both upscale and flea market style - which doesn't lend itself to awesome pictures. And while there are some cultural landmarks, they're hard to come by. Some have been literally demolished or destroyed based on their historical contexts. However, I've read in a few places about how as of late Hong Kong is trying to revitalize their history and culture. They've been through so much as a people, and they're trying to define their identity. I think they want their own identity, not an inherited one. But for the time being, Hong Kong continues to maintain its reputation as a "world city," which definitely includes lights, glitter, and lots and lots of shopping.

I've saved some touring for the fam, as I didn't feel any need to wade through the humidity twice, so I should have some fun pictures forthcoming (not to mention some awesome knock off hand bags).

And I have a funny feeling that with these kids here, our last nine days are going to fly and I'll find myself on American soil quicker than I can imagine.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your mom looks 15 - I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails