Saturday, July 19, 2008

a knock out

So when we were at Ocean Park, we rode this roller coaster. It's actually the only ride we went on as we were way too preoccupied with the panda bears and the sea creatures. The ride is pretty sweet not only for its upside down tricks, but because you fly out over the ocean (or sea, or whatever this body of water is). However, about six seconds into the experience, I was like, "Ow, my brain. Ow, my brain! Owwww, my BRAIN! OW. MY. BRAIN!" I'm pretty sure I could feel it sloshing around as my head was thrown all over the place. I just prayed it would be over soon and tried to keep my head steady. Jess went for a second ride while I sat on a bench and held my head, willing my brain to stop vibrating.

That night, our heads were a little weird - I took some ibuprofen and went to bed and that seemed to do the trick. Problem is, the next day, Jess was dizzy, had a massive headache, was nauseated. And it hasn't gone away. I've officially diagnosed him with a concussion. (Don't forget that in another life, I'm pretty sure I was a doctor.) And maybe its some strange food poisoning or the noxious air pollution clouding up his cerebral fluid. But in any case, his poor head isn't doing well and it makes me sad.

When I was little, I hated roller coasters. They were just plain too scary. And still, I don't really understand the thrill of allowing your person to be thrown into the air, upside down, perpendicular to the ground. It simply isn't natural. As I've aged, I've come to accept (endure) the rickety tracks and even sometimes enjoy them. But I've decided that if I die on one, my tombstone will read: "I told you so."

3 comments:

The Isoms said...

SWEEEEET! I love roller coaster! Looks like a blast!

Shauntel said...

Yeah, but not so much fun when they make you sick!

Kelly said...

Maybe he has vertigo. My neighbor got it from watching the last Bourne movie and it lasted a week or two - yuck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails