Thursday, October 30, 2008

treat or treat

So every year my mom makes chili and sweet rolls for Halloween. The chili used to take three days (seriously) to reach its perfection. Due to its cooking duration, the smell literally seeped into our very beings, but when it comes to chili, this was worth the risk of eating your hair (Pantene was lost to the chili and your senses would become confused). In recent years, she's found a new recipe for chili that can be made the day you intend to eat it that is equally delicious. Actually I like it better. (Um, hi - it has cocoa in it - could life get any better?)

So this year, I am going to make...

sugar cookies.

Perhaps chili. If I feel like it.

All I know is that after this AWESOME month of not eating sugar cookies or other sweet treats, I'm very focused on SUGAR COOKIES. Not chili. Not sweet rolls.

Plus sweet rolls call for kneading, rolling, watching. They scare me. And sugar cookies don't require that I take their temperature to ensure that they taste heavenly and satisfy my intense craving for the stuff that is cane.

So if I disappear from social engagements for the next few days it is because I have slipped into a sugar cookie induced coma. A sublime, cookie-induced coma.

And I'd like to be left alone. :)

1 comment:

jaesi said...

I will have you know Shauntel...that because of you, I too tried not to eat sugar....yep, it only lasted 2 weeks and I have made sugar cookies 3 times this week and have loved every minute of it!

So....eat up! sugar that is...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails