Friday, December 5, 2008

bridesmaid blues

So my sister got married a couple weeks ago, right? Well she chose really random colors - pink and blue - but luckily, she managed to find a little bridesmaid frock that went with her color scheme (okay, if we're being honest, I did some of the finding). So we get these cute (and inexpensive, which was a plus) little outfits a few months ago, and call it good.

Fast forward to the evening of the reception. There was a moment, as I stood there with my fellow youthful bridesmaids, that I realized

I am old.

I don't even mean that to be like, "Poor me, I'm so old." Actually, for the most part, I really don't mind the whole getting a year older thing. Seriously. But the fact of the matter is - I'm too old to be a bridesmaid! I had this extreme urge to toss my oversized bridesmaid bouquet (seriously - they were huge) to the nearest bachelorette and run home to put something on more age appropriate, sophisticated, if you will (as my friends Stacy London and Clinton Kelly would say).

Nevertheless and notwithstanding, I remained the eldest bridesmaid for the duration of the evening. Luckily, the decor provided nice camouflage. Although being the tallest giraffe with a pink frock on tends to make one stand out anyhow. (As it turns out, I stole all the tall genes in our family.)

I informed the youngest sister, Danielle, who just turned sixteen, that I will not under any circumstances be carrying a bouquet at her wedding. She got all offended until I reminded her that I'd likely be OVER THIRTY.

Then she laughed.

3 comments:

littlered said...

You girls all look so cute!

Cichelli said...

Remember me? Can we be friends again?

I'll be in St. George for Christmas. Will you? Can I see you and Jess?

By the way, funny story about our old friend Martha. Can't wait to tell/show you. Email me or something. Miss you.

aubs

singingrae said...

You're so funny. :) You all looked so beautiful. I was so bummed we had to miss the wedding!
I love this sister picture too. So cute.
I do know what you mean about starting to feel old. It's weird. I don't think I'm a fan. And 30?!? Let's not even talk about that!
When do you come for Christmas? I want to play! I get there the 15th!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails