Monday, January 19, 2009

i will now self destruct in....

So it seems that I'm developing some self destructive tendencies during pregnancy. You see, among the plethora of pregnancy symptoms I've been privileged to thus far experience (you name it, I've likely dabbled in it), one of the most wonderful is extremely sensitive gums. I bit into a (very soft) Red Vine, and SLICED MY GUM. It took a few weeks to heal. But the problem is, I've recently acquired an acute need for spicy foods. (And actually, no, they don't give me heartburn. So far. Only KFC. Another story.) So my current favorites include Flamin' Hot Cheetos and Miss Vickie's Jalapeno kettle cooked chips. They're so good AND I NEED THEM.

Problem is, they rip my gums apart. It's like the flame in the Flamin' Hot is literally lighting my gums afire. Or here's a way to describe how it feels at times - grating. My gums have been grated like a block of cheddar.

But I CAN'T STOP.

So there's where the self destruction comes in. I'm fully aware of, and audibly complain about, my aching gums. But I can't stop.

I hope my dentist father-in-law doesn't read this. He'd so fire me.

But then again, his wife had eight children. He must have seen some sort of erratic behavior during those six years (she was pregnant for SIX YEARS OF HER LIFE). I hear she once had a strange addiction to Hostess cupcakes. It's like that.

Except cupcakes don't rip your gums from your molars.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails