Sunday, January 11, 2009

oh by the way

So some of you may have noticed that my posting as of late has been sketchy at best. I can blame my recent lack of witticisms on my being in Utah for the holidays and sort of being scattered all over the place. But if we're being honest, it would be best to blame this drought on the fact that I don't so much feel like sitting down and being clever when I'm either fighting the urge to retch or sleeping on the couch (thereby totally supressing the urge to retch by forcing it into REM cycles).

However, something has happened in the last few days. Baby Cheney has decided that the first trimester was enough to torture me with, and the pukes have officially left the building. In fact, I have basically declared myself a new woman. I almost feel guilty because my only associations so far with being pregnant are being sick. So not being sick almost seems like I'm cheating.

BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING. In fact, it is with great joy that my husband would like to announce I can cook again.

Here's the little beeb at nine weeks. I'm pleased to announce that since this photo, he or she has now formed some decent arms and legs.


P.S. We're just kind of excited. ;)

5 comments:

littlered said...

We're just A LOT excited for you guys! :)
PS YAY! Now it doesn't look like a fish- it's a real boy (or girl)! ;)

Julie said...

It's been so long since I have talked to you, but honestly, I stalk your blog often to keep up with your life. Congratulations! I am very excited and happy for you!

The Isoms said...

Congratulations! Does that put your due date in the summer? I bet your moms excited for a grandbaby!

Sare said...

Woo hoo! But hey, who's gonna babysit MY baby in the Fall now, huh? That's so exciting (regardless of my now babysitter-less state.) I didn't know you guys were so far along. There must be quite the pre-mortal rush to get kids down here- you guys are the THIRD couple we've talked to this week that are expecting in the late summer. Happy day!!

The Harrises said...

I knew it! I thought something was different about you (how'd I do?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails