Monday, February 16, 2009

in the cold

So having a cold while pregnant is somewhat miserable. I feel sad that my body is totally wasted, basically useless, and pray that any good energy that's left is being sent to the baby. I hope that my little person doesn't feel what I feel, in any way, at any level. I don't remember feeling so awful from a simple cold. Ever. And if my little beeb is feeling any of this, I'll just cry. I hate that I have to take medicine in order to survive. So far, I've only taken a few Tylenols in order to combat my raw gums. But now, I'm taking all the things my nurse told me to (Tylenol, Sudafed and Robitussin are approved, when taken as instructed, if anyone was wondering) and just hoping the baby doesn't have to taste much. I feel bad that I keep forgetting to eat (as I'm not hungry), but I'm reminded when I nearly faint that someone else is still hungry.

The worst part is my nurse tells me that this is a doozie, that most pregnant women they're hearing from are out for at least a week. I feel useless. I feel scared. I just want to keep my baby safe. And now the poor thing is stuck listening to my deep coughs that are surely rattling its little home.

I'm sorry Baby. :(

1 comment:

singingrae said...

Oh, so miserable! I was sick with one thing after another for the first 4 months of pregnancy. It was so awful! I feel for you. Hang in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails