Sunday, August 30, 2009

things I can't get enough of

1. Diet Dr Pepper
Seriously, I’m pretty sure there’s a clause somewhere that mentions something about Diet Dr Pepper and motherhood going hand in hand. I consider it a major accomplishment to make it through a day only consuming one can.

2. The Colony

So this show is on Discovery. And when Jess started to explain that it was a bunch of people thrown in a simulated apocalyptic world, and the show was an experiment on how they would survive, I thought it sounded as though reality television was getting desperate. Then I watched an episode. Now I’m obsessed. It is so fascinating to watch as these people, in an artificial environment, slowly lose their minds. I think that each of them somewhat believe that the world has ended, that they have to fend for themselves. They raid for food and supplies, fight off terrorists and invaders with weapons they’ve crafted out of sticks and poles, create tools and other necessities (shower, generator, solar panels, etc.) out of found objects. It blows my mind.

I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be much of an asset in this world. They’d return from a raid, and after observing their findings I’d be like, “Great, great. So we’ve got Band-Aids, Aspirin, water, flour…soooo…any Diet Dr Pepper?”

3. This

Of course.





You’d think that spending all day every day with a single person would get old. But it doesn’t. Yes, I get tired. And sometimes I’m like, seriously? You JUST ATE. But then I realize that she is my child after all. I love that she eats like a pig, just like me. I’m pretty sure that when she discovers chocolate and Diet Dr Pepper, it will blow. Her. Mind. I love that she overheats easily, just like her mom. Unlike me, she has the benefit of being able to run around naked when it gets really bad. I love that she smiles and giggles, that her voice is starting to coo through her many (many, many, seriously) grunts (she really is the loudest two month old I have ever heard).

I love that she is my little sidekick, my friend that never gets sick of me. I simply love her guts.


4 comments:

Snailbug said...

Well stated.

I love her guts too.

Snailbug said...

And dude! Look at that bicep definition! Have you got her lifting free weights already?

Vermont 6 said...

Too cute - the facial expressions for a 2 month old - really! She is a doll! and I think her outfit is a great match for the blanket I made her :)

jaesi said...

adorable daughter. Love her.

The Colony is the craziest show! That nurse with the fancy outfits has got to go. well, alot of them do.

Please miss...lets be the spokesmoms for Diet DP. had one for breakfast :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails