Thursday, October 29, 2009

sunrise, sunset


So Jess in The Smokies is quite the animal. He was entirely intoxicated (by the beauty not the bottle), both weekends, every minute. He couldn't get enough of the picture taking. He was up before sunrise every day in an effort to capture the perfect sun rising over the changing colors of the rolling Smoky Mountains.


We, on the other hand, were not up before sunrise. No we weren't. Well, we were, but that was to feed the Belle and then drop back into a deep slumber. Especially the second weekend, when we both had a cold, and it was our greatest pleasure to be lounging on the super sized hotel bed watching HGTV and hacking to our hearts' content.


He did convince us to come and watch the sunset, however, and let's be honest. This is even better than HGTV. (Hard to compete with in my world.)


Raise your hand if Fiddler on the Roof's "Sunrise, Sunset" is in your head now. ;)

3 comments:

lichelle said...

I'm raising my hand. It's in my head.

I'm also raising my hat . . . to Jess. Incredible pictures.

Kelly said...

So...tonight I was thinking to myself "why haven't I heard from Shauntel's blog in awhile? This is not like her at all. It's in my Google Reader, not private. So I would know it if she posted." So I checked out your old blog and realized that I never updated to your new blog. Whew! That explains things. And I am now fully caught up and fully in awe at Jess' (Jess's?) photos. Holy Cow! Wow wow and wow.

And you are now properly installed in my Google Reader. See you soon :)

One of Us said...

Hi, my name is Andrea and don't worry you don't know my and I'm not crazy, I live with Amy Christensen and that's how I found your blog. but I just wanted to say that I love love love your husband's pictures they're so fabulous!! Too bad you guys live in the east I would ask you if you could do weddings.
Oh and your baby girl is so cute too. Thanks for sharring and hope you don't mind me checking out what's happening in your lives every once in a while. :)
Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails