Friday, March 19, 2010

road trip?


So when Jess suggested that we take another road trip this weekend, I thought he was nuts. Doesn't he know that after last weekend's endless hours of winding roads, when I get near the car I practically break out in hives? Another road trip?

Nevertheless, I let the idea simmer (on low) for a while. He suggested we head to the beach, the Outer Banks to be precise. And because I know that when we go back to Utah in a few months, nearly everyone is going to ask, "So did you go to the beach?" I decided it would be a little silly if I couldn't answer in the affirmative after three years of near beach living.


So yes, yes. I've been to the beach. And it's positively lovely. I think everyone should go to the beach in the spring. There's something quiet about the roaring ocean that summer tends to drown out in sunblock.

I suppose that making it even more lovely is the company with whom we're sharing it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails