Monday, August 22, 2011

the daily lou

So for a good share of Annabelle's first year, we lived on the other side of the country. And she had relatives galore who missed her mug. Well, I'm assuming they did. Because I sure love her guts. Anyhow, to share some of her with them, I started The Daily Annabelle. I posted a photo every day for the first year of Annabelle's life. And what started as a nice thing for family turned out to be the best method of milestone tracking for me. (Because I didn't keep track of them otherwise. I know. I'm awesome like that.) For Christmas I took the best of the 365 photos and made books for the grandparents (and one for us). So essentially, The Daily Annabelle also became her baby book.

Of course, now we live pretty close to most of our family. My mom and two out of three sisters are four hours away, and Jess' family is four minutes away. But because I loved The Daily Annabelle so much, I decided I'd start a blog for Lydia as well. It will keep my mom's grandbaby appetite satiated, and perhaps more importantly, it will keep me taking photos of Lou. It's much harder to keep the shutter snapping with the second baby, but with this blog in mind, I've done a pretty good job. And because I'm more than a little obsessed with my girls, I love having a place that I can just scroll and stare at will.

And so, I give you The Daily Lou. Because she usually gets called Lou. In fact, I think she was sort of meant to be a Lou more than she was a Lydia. Anyhow, I give you The Daily Lou. It's a private blog (you can also access it by clicking the little box over there on the right), and while I've sent out invites to anyone I could find in my Gmail address book who I thought might be interested (and it's okay if you're not!), if there is anyone who'd like one, please email me at thedailylou@gmail.com and I'll get you signed up for a daily dose of cuteness.

P.S. I apologize for duplicates on The Daily Lou and this blog. While I will post some of the same photos on the regular blog, I promise that The Daily Lou will also have new and never before seen mugshots of the Lou Lou, especially going forward. You know, exclusive access and all that.
P.P.S. I should also apologize for the gratuitous gushing that will occur. I figger that's what a blog dedicated to a baby should be about. So gush I will. All over the dang place.
P.P.P.S. Don't be shy: thedailylou@gmail.com. I really am totally cool with you checking my baby out. As long as I know who you are. (So introduce yourself if I don't.)

2 comments:

eclaires said...

So fun! My gmail is emery.smith and I'd be honored to be included in the gushing.

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

Me too. my email is martha.marchena @ gmail

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails