Thursday, July 5, 2012

sparkles



Before I go all birthday-palooza on you, I thought I'd throw up these sweet "sparkles" (as Belle calls them) pictures. I've always wanted to try taking pictures like this, and yay! It worked! Here's how I did it:

1. I took the camera to Jess and said, "Here. Make this function so I can take sparkler pictures." Jess pushed some buttons and handed it back.
2. While pulling off my best statue ever, I snapped photos while Belle and her aunties and uncle sparkled.
3. No tripod here. That would require effort. :)

Belle mostly just flailed her sparkler around, but she also tried making an A and BIG CIRCLES. I was just impressed she even tried. She is so very cautious most the time. It surprised me she willingly took a fire stick and threw it around.







You might be wondering what she's wearing? I always forget an extra change of clothes for her when she goes swimming. And she always inevitably throws her clothes in a puddle of pool water. So Aunt Coke is always so kind to lend us a t-shirt nightgown. I'm actually beginning to love the little tradition.

My sister-in-law, Whitney, is headed to NYC this fall for school, and while I'm absolutely thrilled for her (she's going to her dream school to pursue her dream career), I'm a little bit in denial that my friend and babysitter is leaving me! Here, she and her sisters are spelling NYC:

And I saved the best for last. I had my sisters- and brother-in-law line up and spell L-O-V-E. I know, rad.



Up next? The epic Sound of Music party. Stay tuned. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

1. Those pictures are awesome

2. I'm not gonna lie- I'm DYING to hear about the Sound of Music party

Riss said...

Super sweet, Sooh! And I don't know how much longer I can "patiently" wait for the palooza.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails