Thursday, November 29, 2007

Study SKILLS

Well folks, the inevitable has happened. Finals. They're rapidly approaching. Jess only has one class left, and his first final is on Tuesday. So I'm sure that most of you expect that he's spending quite a bit of time studying, right?

You're right.

Yesterday, he got home from school while I was at the fitness center working out. When I walked in the apartment, I gave him a hearty hello. I got barely a nod in response. Oh great. The cramming has begun. He was bent over the table, furiously writing as he glanced from the computer to his calculator to his paper. Clearly I was of little importance at the moment. He barely noticed that I had grabbed his camera to snap pictures of this. (Seriously.)


I cautiously approached him. I thought maybe I'd ask if I could help in any way. And that's when it all came together. He may have been studying, but it didn't have much to do with the law. That's right, Jess was calculating the statistics of his players. His players? His players on his fantasy NBA team, of course.

Later that day, he told me he needed to study "really." He laid out several stacks of papers (legitimate law papers) in a half circle on the floor, placed his computer in the middle, and hunkered down with a real serious look on his face. However, I looked over moments later and noticed that serious had turned to sly. That's right, checking his team again.

Here's his mathematical calculations as proof of his study habits.

NOTE: Jess actually has been studying, and quite a bit. I'm supposed to tell you that he studied for like FIVE HOURS today! But let's just say that his team(s) haven't been neglected either. :) )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails