Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy December!


Can you believe it? Christmas is just around the corner! I love this time of year. And I’m loving my first holiday season with my red head. When my family was here, we picked up a tree, and over the next few days, we decorated and put up our first little Christmas tree. (It took days as our guesstimate on strings of lights was a bit off, and of course, I wanted MORE snowflakes. So a few trips to Target were in order. :) )

We’ve been busy “secretly” shopping online and buying presents. And we even have stockings hanging from the “mantle.” (We don’t have a mantle. But our little hall table works pretty well.) And the best part about it? We still don’t have the heater on! :) (I’m perpetually warm, Jess is cheap – what a perfect match we make.)

Here are some pictures of our adventures in Christmas Tree Land.

STEP ONE: Bring tree in, unwrap it, set it in stand.

STEP TWO: Put lights on.

STEP THREE: Decorate with Christmas balls and snowflakes.
STEP FOUR: Add the angel.

This little lady was handmade by Mama Christensen. She looks just like the one that has stood atop every Christmas tree in the Christensen family since I was a wee one.

STEP FIVE: Enjoy!

Can you see the photographer? :)

1 comment:

Cichelli said...

Merry Christmas friend. You're going to love love LOVE the Intrepid Christmas card this year. Wish you were in it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails