Saturday, November 17, 2007

Toe Jam

Lest any of you should feel as if we’ve left you out of our lives here in Durham, I’ve included the below rather graphic photos, with this accompanying description. Sensitive eyes should not scroll down. :)

When I was in middle school, I went through a phase where I was essentially growing into my body. I would cut corners and bruise my hips. Almost every day, I’d trip over my toes. My big toes survived several sprains during those rough years.

Well, folks, I’ve got to say that there’s some of that middle school air here in Durham. Ever since I got here, I’ve gotten progressively clutzier. Okay, yes, fine, some of you are saying that I was already clutzy (please recall that I once tripped while running and got 13 stitches in my knee), but really? It’s gotten pretty bad. I can’t put away groceries without dropping at least a few items on the floor. This morning when I went to itch my face, I somehow gouged Jess’ nose on the way. (Morning Hon!) I burn myself at least once every night when cooking.

But yesterday was a real doozie. I went to walk into the kitchen, but somewhere between turning and moving my foot, my left foot jammed into the wall. I crumbled to the floor holding my toes, fighting back tears, then limped around all night as it swelled in my Ugg boot.

This morning we surveyed the damage and started laughing hysterically. So here it is. The purple toe in the middle.

If anyone has a cure for newlywed clutziness, I’m listening. Because my toe is killing me.




2 comments:

danielle said...

oh sis!

Sis Kris said...

Don't worry sis your not alone! I am still such a klutz! A few times I have almost stepped on my skirt while bending down, which would mean when I stood up everyone at work would get a lovely view of my underwear. Luckily I always realize whats happening and choose to plummet to the ground instead. I just wish we could have showed dad your injury in person! Remember how he always gasps in horror?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails