Friday, November 16, 2007

Raleigh Temple

© 2004, Leslie Gore Honeycutt. All rights reserved.

Tonight we made the "trek" to the Raleigh Temple. It was a little strange taking all sorts of roads to get there. I realized how lucky I've been all my life to basically just be down the street from any one temple. :) The trek was interesting though - we got to see a sunset (which isn't common as there are virtually no high places here to see sunsets from) as well as an entirely dried out lake. Some of you might laugh at this, but this area is currently experiencing a drought (ignore the plush, greenery you see in our photos - we really are in a drought!).

This was my first visit at a mini temple. It was beautiful, just as all temples are, and it was so good to spend some time with my red head. I kind of like him! Also, when exiting the temple, I glanced to my right and saw a vaguely familiar face. It was Margaret Engstrom, one of my good friends from high school. So fun to see her and to realize what a beautifully small world we find ourselves in at times.

Oh, in other news, I actually scored a job interview! Yippee! (Everyone cheer! Because this is the slllloooowwwest moving job market ever!)

Love to all!

NOTE: The above photo is not ours. We had "small fry" (the old camera), but it was a bit too dark by the time we left to get a clear photo. This is straight up stolen from the Raleigh Durham Temple site. :) )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails