Friday, December 7, 2007

Fake Competition

So whenever I do something, I like to be good at it. Not doing well simply isn't an option in my world. So when it comes to things like sports (especially when it involves the hand-eye coordination of hitting a small ball with a bat or a racket or a pole), balance (come on, I can barely walk without jamming my toe), math (thank goodness for touch points), things of this nature - I've learned to steer clear. There's a reason I don't water ski. I tried it once, drank half of Powell, and decided, "Huh, this isn't for me." :)

So when Jess started up this NBA fantasy league with his family and a few friends, I initially politely declined when he asked me to play. Why do something I'm likely to fail at, right? But then with some prodding, as I realized "everyone was doing it," I thought I'd try my hand. So I joined, under the name Big Blue of course (gotta keep the balance in this sea of red I've married into :) ).

And now, I think it's fair to say that I'm pretty much kicking trash (I'm currently battling Jess for the top spot), and I'm having fun too. Really! I may not manage FOUR teams (on different leagues) like a certain red head I know, but managing my one team, and yelling at them every night is getting to be quite enjoyable.

Yesterday afternoon, as I made sure my boys were ready to play, I realized I only had three playing. Quite dejectedly, and in all earnestness, I said, "Oh man! Only three games? What are we going to do tonight?"

So watch out. Big Blue doesn't like losing. ;)

GO COUGS!

This is Jess and our friend, Brian, enjoying our Fantasy League (TV's on, computer's tracking points :) ).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails