Monday, March 17, 2008

who's your paddy

So I was thinking about Googling the real reason for the season. Like why exactly we celebrate this day of green. I could throw in some witty comments about green leprechauns, Ireland, a Saint named Patrick. But since it's obviously someone's day, I shouldn't disrespect.

I will, however, share my one St. Patrick's Day memory. As a child, I remember it was really cool to wear green that no one could see. That way, when little Tommy pinched you, you could pinch him ten times back because, yes, you had a spot of green on your underoos. Also a clever trick: draw a green dot with marker on the palm of your hand. Gets 'em every time.

As Jess and I left for the day, I realized that we each picked out the only item of clothing we had sporting a speck of green, and in doing so, had picked matching outfits, in a plaid sort of floral way. What a patriotic couple. (Is it patriotic to wear green?)

Um, Happy St. Paddy's. May the luck o' the Irish be with ya. Or the luck of the underoos. You choose.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails