Tuesday, April 15, 2008

in my opinion

We're down to seven folks. And I did come upon the realization this week that I will indeed miss the finale of my Idols while I'm in Asia. However, I will have the Internet. So I'd like to thank in advance those YouTubers who post their bootleg, usually a little fuzzy, renditions. I'm sure it's possible to enjoy my fuzzy Idols over a bowl of curry.

David Archuleta: It's hard for him to do poorly. I think the song choice was a little cheesy, but he busted it out. And it doesn't matter what he does - those little tweens would love him if he belched the alphabet.

Carly Smithson: So I really like her. But is it just me, or does she seem to look angry quite a bit? Not when she's talking, but when she's singing. It's like she has to wrinkle her face up in a scowl to get the big notes out. But I thought she did quite well tonight. She has a beautiful voice. But Simon doesn't like her much...

Brooke White: Didn't she sing that last week?

Syesha Mercado: Was that really a song? The judges enjoyed it. I thought she sounded all over the place. Strange song. If Mariah couldn't make it popular, um...

Kristy Lee Cook: Okay, I really do think she's getting better. I thought she did awesome tonight. However, I am a country girl at heart, so I like the twang that she twists her songs with. And let's just be excited that she left the Wranglers home for once!

Dread Locks: I feel like he needs to go find his surfboard and guitar and sail away.

David Cook: He deserves top honors tonight. I absolutely loved his version of "My Baby." He made it so unique, especially for a Mariah song. And I couldn't help but be emotional about the whole performance because my People.com had already let me in on the secret that his older brother, who is dying of brain cancer, was able to attend tonight's show. With some serious rallying and fundraising that provided a private jet and medical staff, his doctors permitted him to attend.

I say vote for David Cook tonight. He's tuggin' at my heart strings, and he performed his guts out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails