Wednesday, April 30, 2008

to do

For those of you who are wondering, we leave in THREE DAYS.

As in, Saturday morning we will rise with the birds (I SWEAR it's mating season because it is really out of hand these days) and head to RDU, the airport with the most fabulous indoor parking. It looks like an indoor mall. But instead of stores, cars. And not new cars, abandoned cars.

The good news is, we've signed a lease on the new apartment we will move into within two weeks of our return to North Carolina. (Bye bye birdies.)

The bad news is, we still need to:

1. Pack - Now I know that females understand the complications of packing, but this is above and beyond my normal stress as we have to pack for Utah (we'll spend some time there before and after Asia) and Asia, each with different packing requirements. I've determined that I will be doing some shopping in Utah to bulk up my "cheap t-shirts to destroy in Asia" supply. That way I won't have to truck those items to Utah as we depart for Tokyo from SLC.

2. Clean this joint - There is nothing worse than returning from a vacation to a dirty house. Particularly when I'm going to be doing cartwheels to see that bed again. I might start crying if I talk about how much I'm going to miss that bed.

3. Laundry - I need to have all articles of clothing available for packing. It's going to be quite strategic. Three months in two suitcases. And don't forget that I'm totally high maintenance in regards to my workout clothes needs.

4. Clean out car - The poor RAV is just going to chill here all summer. So if my ghetto neighbors decide to break in, well, all they'll have is an old bag of sunflower seeds, and a half a bottle of lotion. Enjoy.

5. Update Garmin - I fully intend to upload Japan maps and information. Then when I find myself utterly lost, I will hit the "Go Home" button, and start walking. Good thing I'll already be an awkward American, because how awkward will I be walking around with a little box talking to me: "In 300 feet, turn left on Yamaguci Street. Then turn right on Konichiwa Canal." Comical.

So I feel like I should be more stressed. But mostly I just feel like taking a nap.

Packing, shmacking.

The duck butt picture has nothing to do with anything. It's just a picture I took months ago at Duke Gardens that I think deserves a little time in the spotlight. (And I had nothing to post with this entry. Deal.)

1 comment:

danielle said...

love the duck butt :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails