Monday, May 26, 2008

knee jerk reaction

Today's been a hard day for me. And I blame it on my knee.

You see, I've been running around the Imperial Palace, which is an incredibly beautiful run, and a good hard run at that with its ups and downs (plus, I'm getting this great tan). I love it.

So my Achilles seems to be faring fine, but now my old knee injury decided to flare up with a vengeance. And I didn't bring my kneestrap (I haven't had issues with my knee in over a year, so I decided I wouldn't need it). Now, I realize that my body is quite rundown from years of running, but I simply love it. It's mine. And until recently, I've always been able to do it wherever and whenever I want. It's such a great feeling to just hit the pavement - at home or in different parts of the world. It's a part of me and a part of home that I've always been able to count on.

So my knee started killing me after my run on Friday. And not being able to work out or find a gym that is in the vicinity and doesn't cost as much as a couple pair of Dr. Martens is nigh unto impossible. These Japanese don't need gyms - their tiny little figures are trimmed down over ages of walking everywhere (the women in tall, uncomfortable shoes no less).

So I had a breakdown. I just want a kneestrap folks. I think I just want the ease of knowing where to get it, how much it will be. I want to be able to hit the pavement. Instead, I'm just a foreigner in a strange land with a busted up knee. I suppose I just feel pretty isolated, isolated from my kneestrap and isolated from home.

However, after some searching today, I've got:

We'll give it a try.

1 comment:

The Isoms said...

I hope it helps so you can enjoy running in that beautiful country!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails