Monday, May 26, 2008

feelin' crunky

So yesterday I went downtown to meet Jess for lunch. However, in the elevator on the way down to meet me, Jess got invited to lunch by one of the firm's partners, and when the partner found out I was there, I was invited.

So there I was, tricked out in my tourist garb - capri jeans, a t-shirt, my messenger bag full of maps, granola bars, and water - going to the 502nd floor of some fancy building to eat lunch with the lawyers (awk-ward). It was actually a fabulous lunch, and the partner spoke excellent English. Thank goodness I can use chopsticks (pretty well). And thank goodness I already love Japanese food. I think he was surprised at what I was happy to put away.

Anyway, so after lunch, we bowed and thanked our sensei, and then he told the two of us to "now go on a date." :) So Jess and I walked over to Lawson's and picked up a few drinks as we were utterly parched (they usually serve tea with meals, and even when we ask for water, it never seems to arrive) and I needed (as usual) a chocolate treat.

So I chose a bag of Crunky. Why? Simple: (1) It's called Crunky, can it get any more Japanenglish? (2) It's description is simple and beautifully Japanese: "popjoy."


The good news is that I have added it to my Japanese treats and foods I am going to DIE without when I return to the States. (If you're wondering, it's like bite sized KitKats, but more chocolate.)

P.S. My Japanese kneewrap/strap seemed to work pretty well this morning. I made it a half hour before my knee requested that we walk home. So we did. And I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

The Isoms said...

Bring some home! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails