Monday, May 19, 2008

packin' it on

So as it turns out, I have the potential to gain massive amounts of weight here.

We arrived at the Narita airport, and Jess brought me two yummy Japanese drinks - Pocari Sweat (I know, excellent name, but it's good - kind of like Fresca/Sprite) and Calpis (the closest thing I can compare it to is the white SoBe drink, but not so sweet - it's my favorite), both deliciously refreshing and of course, full of sugar.

Then this morning, we stopped at Lawson's (a convenience store - they're everywhere) to pick up a few Japanese pastries on our way into town. Oh I'm sorry that the Swiss Roll is like heaven. It's like a Twinkie, but good. And I - of course - also picked up some grape gummy candies. (Why don't we have those in the U.S.? Why?!) And then we got lunch at this tiny restaurant in the subway, where we both pointed to our food as they kept yelling this funny phrase over and over to people walking by (it's like a welcome phrase, welcoming people to join their lunch crowd). And I pretty much DEVOURED both my and Jess' lunch. (I'd tell you what we ate, but like I said, we pointed. They cooked. We ate.)

So you'd think that without all my American fried food, I'd lose a few. Not happening. My Japanese cuisine has only just begun. Good thing I've already scouted out the Imperial Palace trail. I'm going to be running it over and over and over again. And I'll be happy to do it. Just keep those Swiss Rolls a-comin'. :)

1 comment:

littlered said...

running buddies? Haha you"re gonna kick my trash!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails