Sunday, May 18, 2008

potty humor

So I knew I was going to love Japan when, at the airport while waiting for our luggage to descend from the death grip of baggage claim, I made a pit stop. (The middle seat is not so ideal when the Japanese man in the aisle won't wake up!) So I walk into the bathroom and there are these random signs next to each stall. I had no idea what they meant, but I was in need of a toilet, so I assumed that a toilet is a toilet, whether it speaks English or not, and I proceeded on my mission.

I was greeted by one of the greatest toilets I have ever seen. It had about 20 buttons on one side, and a map on the wall next to the toilet explaining the use of said buttons (dead serious). You could, of course, use the bidet and choose the water pressure of your liking, but my most favorite feature was the "flushing sound." In case you don't want to be heard taking care of business, you can turn on the flushing sound (you choose the volume, naturally) to make sure you have your privacy.

And the random sign next to the stall? It was like water squirting - to indicate the presence of a bidet, I believe, as the other stalls didn't have a squirty sign, and didn't have a bidet. Or a flushing sound.

And then we got to our little apartment, and what did I find? That the toilet had been "SANITARIZED."


I love this place.

1 comment:

littlered said...

CHICKA CHICKA! How funny is that! I am so excited to be there... soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails