Wednesday, May 28, 2008

runnin' in the rain

I share this photo with you because:

1. I have no shame;
2. Most of you have already seen me looking this pretty, if not prettier; and
3. Today marks my most favorite run in Japan.

In fact, it's going down as one of the best runs of all time. It's rainy and cold out there, and I realize that the Japanese probably believe I have some sort of chemical imbalance, but I couldn't keep myself from a run in the rain. They are my most favorite runs, and this was postively beautiful. The run around the Palace is just plain amazing, but the rain tearing up the moat that surrounds it, the canopy of trees dripping with excess moisture - incredible. Plus, I had the trail to myself (hmmmm...I wonder why).

And apparently it's magic rain - my knee hasn't felt better.

This is why I love running - the time to think, exercise, pound it out, get your heart beating, and to do it in the most amazing places on earth.

In the rain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails