Monday, June 23, 2008

hoody heaven

So remember that I was looking for a hoody? And not just any hoody - one that was somehow Japanese? Well, I took the girls shopping at Takeshita Dori, a funky street located in the Shibuya area, where the Harajuku kids like to hang out, and happened upon perfection. Not only does it feature Japan's most favorite feline, Hello Kitty, but it also fit me. This is particularly impressive as everything is a size M. Originally, I thought it probably meant size Medium, but now I'm pretty sure it means size Maybe, as in "maybe it will fit, maybe not."

In any case, I practically did cartwheels when I found it. But it gets even better. The artwork on my back is actually something like an American Idol for Hello Kitty. (The funky Kanji and Katakana symbols roughly translate to "Idol Kitty.")

Pretty much this hoody has won my heart.

1 comment:

melancholyjune said...

so trendy! gwen stefani would be proud! i'm sad that you're sad that you're leaving japan.. although i am quite excited for your hk pics and to hear more about curry popcorn. now i've had taco flavored popcorn but not curry. DIVINE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails