Monday, July 7, 2008

hallelujah!


This is probably the best days OF. MY. LIFE. (In the last week and a half.)

So it's pouring today - we've got about six days more according to the forecast. But I can't say I'm complaining. Funny how one thing can be annoying in one situation (Tokyo), but totally welcomed in another (Hong Kong). The rain tends to cool things down - and while you still get wet, at least you know it's rain-wet and not sweat-wet. (Too much information? :) )

So today I decided that I'd trek back to the fitness center to see if I could make any progress with the guardians of the treadmill as I was encouraged by the weather, knowing the walk would be much more pleasant. And I'm pretty sure I came across the nicest Hong Kongian (they aren't exactly known for their pleasant dispositions) in the city. I explained as best I could the situation, showed her my documents so she could read that although it may appear that I want to steal her favorite pencil, I actually just want to work out. And even though she couldn't find my name among her roles of Chungs and Wungs, she gave me my temporary pass.

And the peasants rejoiced.

I think I teared up when I saw the treadmills. And the bikes. And the ellipticals. Not to mention the entire weight room. I know it's silly, and I know some of you think I'm nuts, but well, this is me. And this is just what I needed. Just a little something of my own.

You know, I'm actually excited to go take the laundry downtown. That's what a treadmill does for me. :)

Oh, P.S. Those of you who didn't guess - my maiden name is Christensen. And I needed my passport shortly after we got married so I couldn't change my name. Then this trip came into play and made the passport necessary. So according to the government, I'm still a Christensen. The Church calls me Cheney. :)

3 comments:

JP and Steph said...

According to my passport I am still a Cheney. They don't really care as long as everything says the same name.

Kristen said...

I understand your rain-wet comment all too well.

SteveinChina said...

My Mom is a Christensen. We're probably distant cousins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails