Sunday, July 6, 2008

proportions


So if it appears that my arm is out of proportion with my head, it's because IT IS. I believe that all the body fat Jess has lost in the last six weeks (and he's pretty much wasted away if we're being honest) has landed on my arms.

I've never been more excited to go to the gym IN MY LIFE.

Also noteworthy - you may or may not have noticed that Jess and I are in pictures together now. This is thanks to our fellow Dukies - Steve and Curtis - who accompany us on our Hong Kongian (say it, it's fun) adventures. Up until now, our photos have featured shrines, Buddhas, neat foliage, prayer tablets, occasionally my face. But now we have friends to take our picture to prove that we were actually in Asia together. Thanks guys. :) (A handful of Duke students did internships in various locations in Asia, and they all met up in Hong Kong to do the schooling portion.)

Oh, and if it appears that I'm wearing one of approximately three shirts in all my pictures, it's because I AM. You see, I only have a few that can survive the dryer without shrinking to the size of ONE OF MY ARMS, so I wear those and have them washed and dryed. Then I hand wash a few others. (We don't have access to laundry facilities - we either pay housekeeping, or pay Mr. Wong [not his name] at the bottom of the hill. And neither of them care if my clothes shrink. :) )

Welcome to Hong Kong. :)

2 comments:

JP and Steph said...

Aside from the shrinking clothing and the humidity, it sounds like you are having so much fun. I am very jealous! I tell JP I would love to visit places like Japan and Hong Kong and he doesn't understand why. He says you can just read about it in a book. It is not even close to the same reading it verses living it. Enjoy the next couple of weeks!!

Kelly said...

I think my arm could squash yours in a sumo match. And let's not talk about my huge bottom half right now. I have pictures to prove it but I think I need to delete them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails