Thursday, July 31, 2008

home at last

So we made it home. And I'd estimate that of the 13 hour journey home, I slept roughly one hour. However, I did watch three marginal movies. Funny how a movie you wouldn't bother with otherwise is like chocolate covered chocolate when you're trapped on a plane.

Also - United Airlines lost major points when after we had cleared security and bought our drinks to take on the plane (Pocari Sweat, as we knew they'd be our last precious bottles), we were forced to go through another round of body patting, bag searching security measures just outside the airplane door. And guess what they confiscated? My liquid. I still haven't forgiven them. And I'm pretty sure the security guy who destroyed my hydration intentions in one foul swoop is currently sitting in the backroom downing a deliciously refreshing ion supply drink.

Anyhow, so Jess and I initiated ourselves into Americana again with a trip to Wal-Mart and the Riz (that would be Cafe Rio in the SLC vernacular). And as I walked through the parking lot, the tar squishing under my feet as it baked in that beautiful Utah sun, I realized that the heat wasn't bothersome at all. In fact, it almost felt good. Then I Google-texted the temperature.

You know that Hong Kong has changed you when NINETY FIVE degrees becomes dreamy. ;)

2 comments:

jaesi said...

good to hear your home safe and sound....
13 hours?! sick. im dreading my 5 hour flight in a week...

melancholyjune said...

Shauntel, you can buy pocari sweat at that korean store in durham. the one by tire king. i passed out cards to the place when I did my cooking class. Let me know if you need directions. i do believe they carry it there.

Welcome home, although I am sad to no longer be reading about your adventures in Nihon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails