Thursday, July 10, 2008

imprinted


So today when Jess came home from class, he awakened me from my daily nap. And as it often happens, Jess crawled onto my twin board and snuggled in for a nap as well. However, unusually, I wasn't still sleepy. But he fell quickly asleep, all snuggled into my arm. And quickly, my arm started to become semi-numb. But I didn't want to wake him, so I just let him sleep. Then my arm went from semi-numb, to semi-painful. About a half hour later, I woke him up when I pried his ear from my arm. (Yes, that's his ear's imprint.)

And then I got to thinking about how many times I've fallen asleep on his arm, how it probably hurts his arm just as much to have my cranium pressed into his bicep as it did when his adhered itself to mine. I asked him when he was coherent, and his answer was affirmative, that yes, it does start to hurt.

But he's never awakened me to move me. He just lets me sleep. It's funny, to feel all sorts of love for a person because you realize he lets you sleep, even when your head is fast becoming an appendage to his arm.

I really like him. :)

2 comments:

littlered said...

I'm sp happy you like him, because I have it on good account that he LOVES you! (Maybe not as much as me, but he'll get there!) :)

The Isoms said...

Logan would leave little ear marks on my prego bellie when he would try to feel Raylie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails