Monday, July 28, 2008

packing

It's funny. Because I'm so excited to go home, but I'm so sad to leave too. And I'm not sad to leave Hong Kong, per say, but I feel this sorrow of sorts that we're about to close the book on this summer. It's truly been amazing. So while I'm more than ready for some dry heat, some water from the tap, a soft bed, Cafe Rio, to hear the sound of my key turning over the engine in my own car, to have the personal bubble of space that we Americans grant each other, I'm still somewhat melancholy to say my goodbyes to an experience that is unparalleled and singular in it's happenstance. Jess and I have been so lucky. And this summer has been so happy.

So as I pack up my luggage full of clothes that have been attacked by pollution and knick knacks from the little places I've left my shadow on, I say goodbye to an experience I know will remain imprinted on the folds of my brain forever, little mental images of the places I learned to love so much.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails