Sunday, July 27, 2008

a peek from the peak

So for my family's last hurrah, we headed up to Victoria Peak via the Peak Tram. The Tram is probably the best "ride" ever because to get to the peak of this mountain, the tram ascends at an angle parallel to the mountain. As it happened, we were the last to board, and as our best friends weren't giving up any seats any time soon, Rissa and I were left standing at the back. However, this location turned out to be the most entertaining by far. Guess what happens to your body when the vehicle you're riding in is at a serious angle?

It was pretty fun to feel my center of gravity adjust to the angle of the Tram. On the way down, everyone opted to stand at the back so they could fully experience this mode of public transportation that is pretty much as good as an amusement park ride.

Jess trucked his tripod up the mountain too, and for good reason. As the highest mountain in Hong Kong, Victoria Peak offers spectacular views of the city. We also enjoyed a delicious Japanese meal at a restaurant that overlooked the city. It was a great way to end my family's time here and by far one of the best excursions (and meals) we've had here. I almost (I said almost) felt a little sad about leaving Hong Kong as I looked over the pretty city.



But then I remembered sugar cookies and Cafe Rio and a soft bed and that notion fled quickly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails