Friday, September 26, 2008

free and clear

So here's the thing: Sister Rissa is tying the knot in about two months, and I've got a bridesmaid outfit to squeeze into. So here's what I'm going to do: go sugar free for one month.

I've done this before. I did it with my co-workers back in Salt Lake. It got so bad, we called it Hell Month and vowed we would never do it again. (In fact, for the most part, I'm pretty sure we've all just pushed this particular block of time to the back of our minds, back there with that horrible learning to ride a bike stage.)

However, the stakes were high (cash) and the competition just as intense (big fat cheaters that threatened my win on a daily basis ;) ). Plus, I had extra motivation - I was running a marathon at the end of said duration of deprivation, and I knew that the lack of sugar would only help my run. And it did. So not only did I win the competition (what, I'm not competitive), but I finished that marathon, and I finished by my goal time, under four hours (3 hours and 58 minutes, thank you very much).

So I'm doing it again. My motivation isn't as high (hello, free money?) and I won't be running 26.2 miles any time soon (read: EVER AGAIN), but the fact of the matter is, I eat sweets just as often as I eat healthy foods. Okay, actually, I would say I eat sugary foods more often than I eat healthy foods. (Remember my Pilsbury addiction?) I won't be going insane like we did at work, and I will allow sugar free drinks and occasional sugar free treats (as sugar free treats are most often accompanied by, uh-hum, adverse conditions). But the point is, I won't be eating cookies, cake, dessert, etc. for the duration of October. (Which won't kill me. However, I'm pretty sure I might become comatose or something.)

Oh, and because I've recruited the Cheney girls in this month of self inflicted torture, I've granted them Halloween off. So Mom (who is also voluntarily signing up to STARVE), we can eat our much anticipated Halloween sweet rolls.

Anyone else in for some fun? I dare you.

1 comment:

jaesi said...

I wish you luck....
And luck knows I couldnt do that...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails