Thursday, September 4, 2008

i confess...


...Sometimes I drive my car to the fitness center, the fitness center that is housed within my apartment complex. Which is somewhat ironic given the fact that I'm driving maybe a quarter of a mile so that I can then sweat out six.

...I only eat the cream in an Oreo to get to the cookie. If I could, I'd buy fillingless Oreos. (No, I am not referring to the Mexican Oreos, in case any of you took that train.)

...I've fallen in love with Peace Like A River, a novel by Leif Enger, all over again. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm a total book snob, especially when it comes to contemporary fiction. I practically require perfection both in language and imagery. However, Enger has this amazing ability to speak to you like a human, without being simple. His writing is some of the most excellent I've come across in years, rivaling the great Austen's ability to capture characters and their worlds in a way that makes you feel as though you've pulled up a chair at their kitchen table. (Plus, I'm allowed to channel my inner cowgirl through one of the characters. Give it a try - you'll see.)

PHOTO: These are one of my two pairs of boots. I actually wear my other pair all the time in the winter - they aren't so cowboyish and I love them with jeans. I love this pair all the same, even though I haven't found the perfect rodeo to wear them to yet. :) I found them while packing and wore them the whole day - with pajama pants, mind you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails