Wednesday, October 1, 2008

drip...drip...drip

So I love our new apartment. And when I say love I mean I LOVE it. Like I love it as much as I love the carton of pumpkin cookies I consumed all by myself in two days because I knew today (October 1) was coming, therefore necessitating as much sugar inhalation as humanly possible before the cut off.

As I was saying, so I love our new apartment, but I do not love it when it rains. I don't mind the sound of rain and thunder. In fact, I kind of like it. In Hong Kong, I got quite accustomed to being rocked to sleep by ginormous claps of thunder. It was like our little dorm was wrapped in the arms of a thunder clap. You get used to it. And rain is really kind of pretty to listen to if we're being honest. It becomes very unpretty, however, when the rain subsides here at the new apartment, and we're left with the run off. Which runs off like this: "Drip...drip...drip...drip...drip..." All night. "Drip...drip...drip...drip..."

I can't deal with repeated sounds. This goes for sequences of sounds too, like in really annoying R&B songs (um, hi, I live in NC), where the artist has no apparent talent beyond four beats and an accompanying handful of rhyming words, repeated over and over and over again. Annoying. Not to mention totally void of substance.

Anyhow. Repeated sounds are the worst. Like if someone is tapping their foot repeatedly. I imagine that my four-year-old self would probably hit you if she would have possessed this extreme aversion to beats, but lucky for you, you will never know that I want to remove your foot from your leg when you're tapping next to me for hours on end. I'm a big girl now. And instead I just imagine things like this.

So the "Drip...drip...drip..." I can't handle it. My dreams are filled with dripping faucets, ticking bombs. Seriously. Last night I got fed up and moved out to the couch. I got all settled into our super comfy couch, big Grandma Cheney blanket snuggled in all around me, closed my eyes and, "Tick...tick...tick...tick..."

Stupid clock.

I'm seriously a crazy person. A sleep deprived crazy person.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Laughing! Remember Fidget in SGU!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails