Friday, November 28, 2008

five things

So every night (plus or minus a few nights when we crash and forget), Jess and I write five things we're thankful for that day. This is actually a really useful exercise, because in order to avoid the "go to" thankfuls, you get pretty creative. In light of the holiday we celebrated yesterday (celebration in my book equals consumption of ginormous amounts of potatoes and gravy, the real reason for the Thanksgiving feast), I thought I'd mention a sample five of my "thankfuls" in the last few months.

1. long sleeves: There are so many good things about fall - covering up my arms is just one of them.
2. the elliptical machine: It's not running, but I'm really grateful I've found a new and effective way to exercise. And I think my [Achilles] tendon is grateful as well. :)
3. tweezers: I'd have a couple scary eyebrows without them.
4. email: How would I even survive without it? I think it's a lovely form of communication.
5. pumpkin cookies: I successfully ate like fifteen pumpkin cookies today. They were so delicious - I used white chocolate and butterscotch chips. So yummy.

I have so much to be thankful for. In a world that sort of feels like it's crashing down around us at times, it's beautiful to be able to sit down and find five things to be grateful for every night. I'm blessed beyond anything I deserve. I have family, friends, safety, health, the gospel. Plus a whole notebookful of extras.

Happy Turkey (Potatoes & Gravy) Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails